Welcome to the first full day of IFLA PRE 2016! We hope you all enjoyed the welcome reception last night – delegates toured the Main Reading Room, heard Acting Librarian of Congress David Mao greet the group, and shared time together in the lavish Great Hall. Look for a slide show of photos, and feel free to add your own to our twitter feed (#IFLAPREatLOC).
A few notable highlights for the PARL attendees:
- 8:30-9:00am: Make sure you’ve picked up your badge and bag at the registration table (Coolidge Auditorium) and then join colleagues for coffee at Whittall Pavilion.
- 9:00-12:30pm: Enjoy welcoming addresses from David Mao, our Acting Librarian of Congress, and Donna Scheeder, President of IFLA, followed by Cokie Roberts’ Opening Keynote and a summary of The United States Congress in a Separated Powers System. After a coffee break, learn more about the services we at the library offer to Congress and our legislative information tracking tool, Congress.gov.
- 12:30-13:45pm: Lunch will be served in the Members’ Room (green) and the Scholar’s Room (yellow)
- 13:45-16:00pm: After a tour of the U.S. Capitol, we hear from the House and Senate Libraries.
- 16:00-16:15pm: Be sure to join the Group Photograph in Whittall Pavilion!
- 16:45-18:30pm: Hear from our colleagues on Capitol Hill: a panel discussion followed by a Keynote from Dan Lungren, former U.S. Representative and former Chair of the Committee on House Administration.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask any of us with staff badges, post on the blog, or tweet with the hash tag #IFLAPREatLOC!